Are you bored eating creamy? Here is something spicy. This is totally an Asian recipe.
When I don’t have meat in my refrigerator, I always try to make something vegetarian, but which tastes like meat at the same time. Spicy Mushroom Dry Curry is my first choice on this kind of day.
- 1 packet of oyster mushrooms
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Curry leaves
- One large onion
- Turmeric powder ½ tea spoon
- Chili flakes 2 tea spoons (add according to the taste)
- Salt (add according to the taste)
- Coconut milk 2 cups
- One large egg
- 3 table spoons of oil
How to Make
- Take a packet of mushrooms.
- Shred all the mushrooms in to small strips.
- Soak them in salt water.
- Keep few minutes.
- Squeeze water from the mushroom strips.
- Put a wok in a cooker.
- Set flame in to medium heat.
- Put 3 table spoons of coconut oil. (if not any kind of an oil (olive oil /vegetable oil))
- When oil is hot, add onion, chopped garlic and curry leaves.
- Fry it properly. (1 minutes)
- Put mushroom strips in to it.
- Mix it well with the fried ingredients.
- Add turmeric powder, chili flakes and salt to the taste.
- Mix them well and keep it 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk (diya kiri – second pressing of coconut flesh)
- Keep it until boil the coconut milk (until bubbles come out)
- Add an egg.
- Cover the wok from a covering.
- Keep it 5 minutes until set the egg.
- Open the covering.
- Break the egg from the spoon.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk (first pressing of coconut flesh (miti kiri)
- Keep it in the flame until boil the coconut milk properly. (5 minutes)
- Switch of the flame.
- Now it is ready to serve.
In your country if it is unable to find out divided coconut milk varieties as first flesh and second flesh, you can use canned coconut milk for both times.