Found a can of pineapple from the market and I thought of doing something special. Had several choices in the beginning. To make jam out of this, pickle out of this. Finally, I thought of doing a pineapple upside down cake. Here is the best cake recipe out of pineapple.
- Pineapple slices
- Margarine 60 g
- Butter 125g
- Vanilla extract 1 tea spoon
- Sugar 150g
- Baking powder
- ½ cup of milk
- Jaggery or brown sugar (if you don’t have this two,use white sugar)
- Flour 200g
- 2 eggs
HOW TO MAKE
- First of all, butter your baking tray.
- Put sugar and butter into a pan.
- Keep it in a medium flame.
- Wait till dissolve the brown sugar properly and bubbling up.
- When the mixture is bubbling up, pour the mixture into a baking tray.
- Keep it aside for few minutes until it is cool
- Remove the hard part which is in the pineapple slices. (make a middle hole in the slices).
- Lay your pineapple slices in the baking tray, until they cover the entire tray.
- Put cherries into the middle holes which are inside the pineapple slices.
- Put grated jaggery (brown sugar, white sugar) until you cover all the pineapple slices.
- Take out your cake mixer.
- Put sugar and the butter into a mixing ball.
- Mix it well until it becomes a cream. (5 minutes)
- Add egg whites first in to the mixing ball
- Mix it properly using the cake mixer.
- Then add egg yolks one by one and mix it well using a cake mixer.
- Add flour into this mixer and mix it well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Finally add milk into this dough and mix it well.
- Now, the dough is ready.
- Put it into a baking tray which we laid our pineapple previously.
- Spread the batter.
- While you are doing the preheat your oven is 180 c.
- Put the baking tray into the oven and It takes 45 minutes to bake it properly.
- To know whether it is ready, you can insert a skiver and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready to serve now.
- Don’t forget to turn your cake upside down!
When you are adding milk, don’t add hot milk. If you have pineapple juice you can add pineapple juice instead of milk. This gives extra taste to the cake.